The routine car maintenance is necessary for the health and longevity of your vehicle. It can help you avoid costly repairs down the road.
Periodic service is the KEY!!
Generally, you should plan to check the following items off your car maintenance list:
- Oil change – It is recommended to have your car serviced at every 10,000Kms/ 12 months or as at an interval suggested by car manufacturer.
- Windshield wiper replacement – Imagine driving your car in windy Wellington in typical rainy weather realizing your car’s windshield wipers no longer work as well as they should. That’s why wiper inserts need to be checked at the time of service and replaced if necessary.
- New battery – Your car’s battery should be replaced every two to three years or so, however this timeline depends on various outside factors, such as weather where you live is either extreme hot or cold, or if you leave your car unused for a long period of time. And if you frequently leave your car’s interior lights on, that can also drain your battery, resulting premature failure.
- Brake pad replacement – How often you need to replace your brake pads depends on your driving style. If you have habit of sudden braking or acceleration then your brake pads won’t last as long as other drivers who don’t. There will be a few signs when you need to repair your brake pads. First, your car may make a screeching sound when you apply the brakes. Or, if you drive a newer vehicle, your car’s indicator light will come on, telling you it’s time to have the brakes checked by your trusted mechanic.
At every service we check brakes and report if they need replacing.
- Tire rotation or replacement – Did you know that if your car’s tyres are too worn , it can compromise your safety by increasing your stopping distance in wet highway conditions. With the service we also rotate tyres so that all the tyres wear in similar fashion and if they are too worn we provide you with a quote.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to pay attention to those little signals your car sends when something might need attention. For example, squeaking brakes, brake juddering or some unusual noise.